new page

Voting

Monday, August 9, 2010

Yikes!

Wow...I'm so not good at this blogging thing. HA! Oh well. Check in about every 2 months and we'll be good. :)

It's hard to believe this is our last full week of summer vacation. Booo!!! I'm not ready for my kids to be gone all day. No, I don't have a fever! I really do enjoy being home with my kids. They drive me crazy sometimes...like now...but they're the best! McKenna will be returning to 5th grade for her last year of grade school. (wow!) And Amber will be starting 1st grade!
Dominic will be starting preschool in January. Then what am I going to do?!?! Work more, I guess.

I don't know about you, but I'm about sick of this horrible heat. Today topped out at 111 degrees with the heat index. That's just insane! The poor A/C is working overtime. Forget mowing...it can wait!

In other news....we're "ferret sitting" until tomorrow. Yeahhh....um....we all thought we wanted a ferret. That is, until 'Gus' the ferret came to visit. He is a sweetheart and very cute. BUT....he STINKS! And there is NOTHING you can do about it. I thought because they're 'descented', they wouldn't stink. WRONG! They do, no matter what. They really are a great source of entertainment though! Hilarious! He is a lot like a cat...and he plays dead. He'll stand on his back legs and when you jump at him he'll keel over like he's been shot. :) So if you want a smelly, cuddly, funny pet...think ferret! He goes home tomorrow. We really will miss him...just not the smell.

One week from today Jason will be on vacation! Yay!!! He is taking a week off to help get the kids back to school. What an awesome husband, huh?! Really, August and September are the best times for the Jack Stack managers to take their vacations. Forget November and December. They're required to be there. No vacations then!

I need to work on getting some pictures posted...my music updated...ya know...the time killing things. :) The kids start their back to school bedtime schedule tonight, so I may have to put it off until tomorrow.

Until then.....stay cool!!!!!

No comments: